Re: build depends on kernel-headers

    Herbert> I won't look at all of them as this is really the
    Herbert> upstream maintainer's job.

This brings up an interesting point.  While we should work with
upstream maintainers to fix these problems, we should also try to
avoid making these programs harder to build on Debian than other
distributions.  If other distributions are still making headers
available in such a way that existing software builds, and we do not,
then we make lives harder for both our users and maintainers.  Yes, it
may be more correct, but we need to be carefule not to correct our
users into frustration.  Managing careful transition plans is also an
important part of correctness.