netbooted kernel.

Hi

I want to ask you what you think of the netbooted kernel(packages?)
I inted to package.

There are a couple of issues:

*1* Should I use the "standard" configuration and add the
nfsroot thing and then compile. This means a lot of packages.
Or should I make one generic packge (for i386, and let other
compile it for other archs).

*2* What should it be named. kernel-image-netboot-kernelver?

*3* What network drivers should be loaded?
I know of netboot support for EtherExpressPro (the one I have)
but what else should be enabled?

If the list of devices is less than X this is probably something
that is ok to do... or? (and what should that X be?)

*4* Should I instead encourage people to compile their own kernel
to enable netboot support? With specific instructions on how to
do that.

*5* Does anyone know if nfs-root can be in the standard-kernel
without problem to boot from harddisk? I have not suceeded but then
there were other problems to and I had little time...

Best regards,

// Ola

/  opal@debian.org                     Björnkärrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINKÖPING         |
|  +46 (0)13-17 69 83                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |