Re: Gnome bug 94684

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 09:29:27AM -0500 , Steve Langasek wrote:
> On 27 Apr 2001, Christian Marillat wrote:
>
> > *You* are a serious problem.
>
> > If you don't want to change your configuration each time you did a apt-get
> > upgrade, then install potato.
>
> > testing/unstable is for real men (tm).
>
> In that case, perhaps these packages should be removed from testing.  The
> purpose of testing is to prepare these packages for release as a stable
> distribution.  If you're not interested in providing a clean upgrade path from
> potato and fixing bugs that *will cause problems* for users who upgrade, then

hmm. provide a clean upgrade path with libdb2 and libdb3. How? Does that
mean, that packages using db3 are off from testing? No. You just cannot
always make upgrades painless - like upstream change in postgresql config,

So stop this

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

* Joy sees a potato running down the street and shouting "I'm late! I'm late!" ;))