Maintainership.

Good day :)

I'm rather interested in becoming a Debian maintainer(don't immediately
reply with "go to www.debian.org's 'Developer's Corner' and start
reading; finish reading the email ;). Anyways, I've read the various
docs, familiarized myself with the various procedures, so on and so
forth. I actually finished making somewhat-policy-compliant Mozilla 0.8
packages a day before Kitame released his(mine look more like Myth's
pre-release debs at pandora.debian.org/~robot101). Anyways, I'm going to
be joining the army soon-ish, and I was wondering if people would be
irritated if I became a Debian maintainer, then didn't do anything for a
number of months(maybe a year)?

Thanks for you thoughts :)

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)