Re: testing is broken

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 09:57:54PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> And now there's a new apt in woody.  This new apt conflicts with a
> jillion packages, including xserver-xfree86, many libraries, emacs20,
> cvs and many other important packages.  A friend informs me this also
> is probably due to out-of-date debconf.

Actually, it doesn't. I've got all the above installed on my laptop here
quite happily (apt 0.5.3, xerver-xfree86 4.0.2-7, debconf 0.2.80.17,
emacs20 20.7-3, cvs 1.11-0.1 and roughly 200 library packages).

I suspect you've been using a later version of debconf that has only
ever been in unstable (possibly from back when woody was unstable). You're
welcome to either upgrade that to the version in unstable, or downgrade
to the version in testing.

Cheers,
aj