Re: Possibility of packaging JDK 1.3?

> Actually, check policy.  I have this strange impression that policy
> allows packages in contrib to depened on things outside of
> debian. Althought it might be confusing for users.

which was precisely what I was trying to avoid, hence this thread :)

> > Who made the deb? And is the person willing to maintain it?
>
> That's not the issue.  The issue is that it would be illegal to
> redistribute them -- yes, the sun licenses really is that
> ugly. Varioius people have tried asking permission; I think someone
> said they were doing it now (again).

But that's just pulling hair. In the end, does this mean that I (or somebody
else) could - with blessings - create an installer-package, similar to the
realplayer one, so we actually /have/ the JDK13 package /now/ (or in a few
days...)

Rgds
Kenneth