Re: conclusion: debian portability, openbsd port

On Thursday 8 March 2001, at 9 h 57, the keyboard of Andreas Schuldei
<andreas@schuldei.org> wrote:

>   However, as
>   someone pointed out, this is not defined in policy anywhere and

Not everything needs to be in the Policy. Yes, in theory, it would be nice to
carve this in stone. But in practice, common sense suffices for many people.

> I like to belive that my only crime is to try and think
> orthogonal to common thought patterns. We do this debain openbsd
> port because we like both systems and see that both have
> advantages. All people working on this use both systems and like
> them.

You seem to imply that this is the only way to have Debian running on OpenBSD. Far from the truth. You could also port Debian (with all its userland) to the BSD kernel, without the BSD userland.