dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: diversions involved ?? please help (NVIDIA)

i'm running debian....
using .configure it says that i have no opengl!
but i correclty installed 0.96 nvidia driver (and they work, since i have
tested them with q3a and ut).
So i run .configure , manually edited config.mak and removed the config
script under debian/rules used by debuild.
But debuild says this:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: diversions involved - output may be incorrect
 diversion by nvidia-glx from: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: diversions involved - output may be incorrect
 diversion by nvidia-glx to: /usr/lib/nvidia-glx/libGL.so.1
dh_gencontrol

I rememeber that the nvidia-glx driver makes some diversions.
I tried to document on this but i can't really understand how the diversion
process works!! (does it transfer some files between packages?)
Please help me about it =)

P.S. but can i upgrade the xlibmesa3 or the files contained in this package
will overwrite the ones conatined in nvidia-glx?

Thanxs!
Stefano