Re: Making 256 color Xterm support the default.

Hi,

At Sun, 21 Jan 2001 20:56:13 -0500 (EST),
Scott A Crosby <crosby@qwes.math.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Most display's now are 16 or 24 bit. While with 8-bit displays, it makes
> sense to minimize the number of colors that an xterm ANSI terminal uses,
> that reasoning doesn't apply anymore.

I don't think so, especially for laptop computers.
And more, I imagine a certain amount of Linux users prefer
secondhand computers.

> So, unless there are a signifigant number of users who are limited to
> 8-bit displays, I propose that we consider making 256-color xterms the
> default.

Can you improve XTerm to switch color mode not by compilation option
but by run-time option and X resource?

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/