Re: Partial support for international description of packages

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 06:53:28PM +0100, Hector Garcia wrote:
> Hi all
> -- The second one would be to place the Packages.<lag code>.gz file at
> dists/woody/main/<lang code>/binary-i386. This way if you put at your
> sources.lists file the line
>     deb http://what_ever_mirror.debian.org woody main/<lang code>
I like best this one, but I think it could be done by getting the
LANG environment variable, or by looking at /etc/locale.gen

We also need to think about the Packages.gz updating, what about
if a new package or a new version of an existing package gets
uploaded? It will have a new control file and that will overwrite
the Packages entry won't it?

I don't think it will be an easy thing to be done without touching
dpkg and .debs...

> What do you think? Can we do this? Are there any other options?
What I think is that is very interesting, very usefull, very good
for everyone, I'm very interested on this and I'll be helping on the
work for my language if it comes to happen =)

[]s!

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov