Re: New-Maintainer - Some Facts

In Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:56:49 -0500 Buddha Buck <bmbuck@14850.com> cum veritate scripsit :

> >Last week there were over 70 applicants waiting for the DAM, and had
> been
> >waiting since before Christmas. Since I am still trying to get
> >re-organized after the recent holidays, I'm impressed that the DAM has
> >been able to process over 20 applicants in the last few weeks.
>
> That is impressive.  Any idea what their waiting times were?

My impression:

100 days for AM to be assigned,
30 days for being processed by AM
and 60 days waiting for the DAM.

Of which, waiting for the DAM is the hard part, because
there is no activity whatsoever.

Waiting to be assigned is fine. I got quite a few packages
ready, and sponsored uploads etc. Got a lot of reading to do,
and need to get key signed.

AM processes passes chatting with the AM. This is fine,
some response do come back from the AM.

Waiting for DAM, nothing happens, until out of the blue
you see a mail.

By the way, recent activity of DAM is impressive.

# and there are talks about waiting for this
# new package to enter the archive (new package requires manual work),
# and this new key to enter the keyring (it also needs manual work?).
# I presume people like talking about delays ;)

regards,
	junichi

--
University: ti0113@mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer@netfort.gr.jp