Re: Raid support in debian.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 10:58:32PM +0100, Bart Schuller wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 10:28:02PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> > Do I miss some things here? Is there any case with raid support
> > that this simple mirroring fix?
>
> For raid1 this looks good enough, you even have enough info to get LILO
> right. However, I also have some machines still using raid5 on 3 disks,
> where the ideal solution would be to have one or more raid5 sets,
> combined with one small raid1 set to place /boot on so that you can use
> lilo, yet still have redundancy.
Ohh thanx, I had not thought about lilo yet. :)

One more thing, in this setup I will probably fix so that raiserfs can
be supported too.

> I switched to raid1 on newer machines for simplicity, so I won't blame
> you if you decide to forget raid5.

Ok, but what else do I have to do to support raid5? I'm not that very
good at what the specific raid levels says... I'll look at it further now
when my work starts today.

> --
> The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
> accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed
> subsequently, via the LunaDude. [excerpted from the Lunatech Identity Manual]

// Ola

/  opal@debian.org                     Björnkärrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINKÖPING         |
|  +46 (0)13-17 69 83                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |