Re: ITO: catdoc

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 10:47:17PM +0100, Toni Mueller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 11:18:54AM -0600, Sam TH wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 12:25:54PM +0100, Toni Mueller wrote:
> > > just wanted to point to wv which seems to do a much better
> > > job than catdoc, and also operates from a script if desired.
> > > Apparently only the GUI is "missing".
> >
> > Actually, wv is a command line only program, although it is now
> > available as a library as well.  Look for my request-to-adopt soon.
>
> yes, I saw that is already mentioned in 'unstable' when you
> search for available packages on www.debian.org. Don't know
> who was listed as maintainer, though.

What happend was the maintainer of wordview, as the package used to be
called, hasn't updated it in 13 months.  Since then, it has gone
through a total overhaul, now works a a library, and has a new
maintainer.  the most recent version in unstable is called wv, and was
an NMU.

				sam th
				sam@uchicago.edu
				http://www.abisource.com/~sam