RE: What do you wish for in an package manager?

Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm going to look into doing
something similiar to what Dwayne's doing, with a heavy Java slant.  Anyway,
I wrote up a wishlist of sorts here :
http://www.devel.e-plagiarism.com/~entropy/proposals/jam.html

The ideas seem sound, but I haven't had too many people beat on it.  It's a
rough, first draft, so please don't scream too loudly.  Again, it's
java-centric.  I'd like to be able to create a generic c/c++ capable version
later, but at the moment that's a bit more then I want to take on.  I'm
still looking for any design or just documentation on the thought behind
Apt, but it seems woefully unavailable.  Before someone says, "Go to the
Java list" *again*, I want thought process, not programming code or language
thought.

Anyway, enjoy, hope it helps,
Matt