Re: Grub question/problem

On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 10:03:30PM +0100, Andreas Fuchs wrote:
> Hm, have you tried running grub-install --recheck and then

Won't run:

feivel:~# grub-install --recheck
install_device not specified.
Usage: grub-install [OPTION] install_device
Install GRUB on your drive.

  -h, --help              print this message and exit
  -v, --version           print the version information and exit
  --root-directory=DIR    install GRUB images under the directory DIR
                          instead of the root directory.
  --grub-shell=FILE       use FILE as the grub shell.
  --force-lba             force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy
                          BIOS.
  --recheck               probe a device map even if it already exists.

INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename.

Reports bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>.

This surely looks like a bug to me.

> reinstalling grub? Alternatively, you could just edit
> /boot/grub/device.map. I don't know if this helps, but it has worked
> for me.

The problem is my device.map seems to be okay:

(fd0)	/dev/fd0
(hd0)	/dev/hda

Michael
--