Re: What do you wish for in an package manager?

Today, Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cistron.nl> wrote:
> Previously John Hasler wrote:
>> Undo.
> dpkg will support rollback at some point, when reiserfs supports
> transactions.

Even then, I imagine it to be difficult. What about installs that cross
filesystem boundaries, etc. Either you'd have to have transactions on
every fs then (and rollback each of them afterwards) or have a
trans-filesystem transaction monitor, AFAIK.

I'm afraid some serious non-trivial magicks are at work here.

--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf@acm.org>, <d96001@htlwrn.ac.at>, antifuchs
Hail RMS! Hail Cthulhu! Hail Eris! All hail Discordia!