Re: Boost Windows Reliability!!!!!

> On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 12:43:03AM +0100, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> > Hmm, the debian lists get quite a lot of spam lately. Is there anything
> > that can be done about this?
>
> My theory is that the lists are spammed because of address farming
> rather than a human entering email addresses into a software program.
> Such an automated system could be defated by requiring the presece of
> a custom message header such as X-I-Am-Not-A-Spambot: yes. People with
> valid traffic could instruct their mailer to add this header, and
> computers sending spam to any address they come accross would not know
> to insert these headers.

Pardon my French, but this is a fucking stupid idea. Did you ever stop to
think that there are only a tiny handful of mailers that even think about
supporting this? And in a half-decent way? If this is implemented in -devel,
or any Debian lists, it will be one of the, if not the, most stupid
decisions made.