Re: impossible to get off the list

> > Your not the only one having problems getting off thelist.  I need to
> > unsubscribe for the hollidays, but can't seam to get it to accept my
> > address.  I've tried from both the shell acount at my ISP and from the
> > computer where I do most of my email from.  I have even tried adding in
> > the number it shows before the address when you get the unsubscribe
> > error message.  It just ends up sending me the same error message back.
>
> Though unsubscribing should definitely be a supported operation, I've
> found procmail to be an essential tool in managing mail coming from
> over 10 high-traffic mailing lists, and about 20 or so others. If you're
> thinking of unsubscribing for the holidays, perhaps procmail would be
> an alternative way to handle the situation, which does not require
> others to intervene on your behalf.

Good idea.  Already implemented.  Unfortunately the commputer that
does this normally will not be net connected for the durration of
my vacation.

I'm currently looking at moving my mail handler to my robot.  It also
has net connectivity and has enough free space to handle spooling my
mail for a week.  This is yet another thing to do before Friday.

| Bryan Andersen                     |
| bryan@visi.com, bryan@nerdvest.com |
| http://www.nerdvest.com/           |