Re: ipv6 AAAA record lookup is making programs hang at startup.

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 07:52:09AM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>  I wonder why it's doing a lookup for an ipv6 address when there is no
>  ipv6 implemented on this LAN.  I have it aliases to "off" in the
>  modules.conf.
Because ssh is not compiled with --with-ipv4-default.

  --with-ipv4-default     Use IPv4 by connections unless '-6' specified

bma@kalgan [~/debian/packages/ssh/openssh-2.2.0p1]: grep ipv4 debian/rules
bma@kalgan [~/debian/packages/ssh/openssh-2.2.0p1]:

In the openssh diff.gz it seems like the ssh maintainer is trying to force
IPV4_DEFAULT in the defines, but I know this has bitten at least one other
person I know of...I don't know why the ssh maint is just not using the
configure option.

Phil, perhaps you can shed some light on this?

--
Brian Almeida                      | http://people.debian.org/~bma
Debian Developer                   | bma@debian.org