Re: testing to be implemented on ftp-master

On Dec 19, Sam Hartman <hartmans@mit.edu> wrote:

 >Can't you drop arm from the architecture line and drop the arm package
 >if you fail to resolve the problem?
I think maintainers should not be forced to know about porting problems
on ALL debian architectures.
If I don't use ARM and one of my packages does not build on ARM I will
be dependent on information sent by ARM porters, and they will have to
tell me: "don't build for ARM", "now you can build again for ARM".

A much simpler solution would be to have on ftp-master a list of
packages which can't currently be built for each (buggy) architecture.
Porters could quickly update the list and everybody would be happy.

And BTW, can I use "Distribution: any, !arm"?

--
ciao,
Marco