Re: State of the Woody

Hi,

>> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:

 > Coming soon:
 [...]
 > 	* gcc 3.0

 > I think our priorities for woody's release are:
 [...]
 > 	* lots of NeatNewStuff

 > Ordered from most difficult to get right to least, not by worth.

 > 	* May 2001: Freeze boot-floppies; Freeze stable
 > 	* Jun 2001: Freeze optional; Release

 I hope noone is seriously considering getting gcc 3.0 into woody given
 the above time schedule.  gcc 3.0 is hell when it comes to C++.  It
 does almost everything by the book, and the simplest of the code
 breaks.  Ben has produced a set of snapshot gcc packages for
 experimental and I've been patching code ever since.  Unless we have a
 clear plan about how to handle this ("upload and see what breaks" is
 not a plan), it is going to delay woody several months.

--
Marcelo