Re: XFree 4.0.1

Daniel Burrows wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 08:39:47AM -0500, Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> was heard to say:
> > If the wrong thing is showing up as the default:
> >
> > 1) you've already set something else in the debconf database; or
> > 2) the debconf frontend is buggy
>
>   On another topic..I somehow got rootonly in my debconf database, and set the
> value of allowed_users in Xwrapper.config to "console" by hand (using vim)
> On the next upgrade, it was reset to "rootonly" and startx started failing
> again.
>
>   Should it be considered a bug that upgrading X will silently clobber
> non-debconf modifications to that file, replacing them with the debconf
> values?  Or is this acceptable?

  you can set debconf to either ask the same questions again and agan
(and again...) or not. if you set it to not to ask old question it uses
your former responses. at least that's what I think isa happening, I
have it set up so that it asks old Qs again and it always asks if the X
should be allowed to start by rootOnly/console/anybody.

	erik