Re: [mount] Should `mount' detect out of order mount points? (Re: debian-devel: Serious problem with potato)

Hello,

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 01:28:02PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>  Perhaps `mount' ought to be modified so that it detects this
>  situation and either refuses to do it, reorders the mounts, or prints
>  a warning message.  If it reorders the mounts, perhaps it ought to
>  print a warning also.

you got me. Since when does "mount" _not_ reorder mounts in
/etc/fstab under Linux?

Afaik it does on most Unices, and it seems to be the natural thing
to do (can't be that hard, can it?). Why do you want a warning
for that? What else makes sense in the first place?

Best Regards,
--Toni++