Re: object-oriented C programming

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 11:29:09AM -0600, An Thi-Nguyen Le wrote:
> [David Starner - Tue,  5 Dec 2000 11:25:50 AM CST]
> } Library-based garbage collection is seriously inferior to
> } language (or better yet, system)-based garbage collection.
>
> Bring back the LISP machines!
>
> (Though I do know that real-time garbage collection exists.  I think.)

Most of the people on comp.lang.ada don't think so, which is why Ada
doesn't require garbage collection, and no non-JVM targetting Ada
compiler does GC. I know there's been some movement that way, but
apparently nothing that would satisfy many of the workers in the field.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org