Re: apt-listchanges, dpkg-preconfigure ordering in apt.conf

Bah CC me if you actually want me to read it

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> > Which means you do not have to parse the status file or the control file..

> This looks great.  I had to fiddle a bit with debconf's
> apt-extracttemplates to get it to compile with the new libapt-pkg
> (specifically, recompiling using APT_COMPATIBILITY), but I have apt
> 0.4.7 up and running.

You need to use Joey's even newer debconf that uses apt-inst really.

> Unfortunately, I will still have to read the control file in order to get
> source package information, unless you want to add that.  Since Source: can

Er why? Tho chagelog has the source package name after you extract it.

> > You should also really be using /etc/apt for your config file - there is a
> > subdir for a reason.. Having it in the same format as APT's is also a sane
> > idea (talk to bod again)

> I'm all for this.  I can start writing my configuration in
> /etc/apt/apt.conf.d, and read it myself until a smart enough version of
> apt is released.  Where should I put my namespace?  apt-listchanges::*?
> APT::listchanges::*?

You should not include any config data except to hook it into apt-get. The
use can place the option they want in apt.conf proper according to your
man page. The defaults should always be sufficient for 99% of the people.
Include a sample/index in /usr/doc like APT does.

APT::ListChanges is a fair section name.

Jason