Re: Running MRTG as a non-root user - thoughts?

On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 10:02:02PM +0000, Alexander Koch wrote:
[ snip ]
> Now having to change a setup where I fail to see a security
> risk at all is unnecessary (IMHO). Quite some installations
> (all) updating to woody ever will break at least for a short
> period of time. I would not expect the package to really do
> those "nasty" things to me... imagine some accounting scripts
> running on the .log files...
[ snip ]

Yes, a very valid point. I had intended having "run as a non-root user" as
an installation option and I think I'll leave it like that (users can then
choose to leave it running as root if they want to).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner      | http://www.edr.uct.ac.za/~mj/
mj@debian.org            | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/