Re: drivers for cups

On Die, Nov 28, 2000 at 11:36:05 +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> Is anyone working on packaging more drivers for cups? I just noticed that
> there are quite a lot on sourceforge, but just copying the ppd files does
> not seem to suffice. I tried using a HP LJ4 file for my LJ1100 (which works
> with magicfilter) but just got the PS file printed as ascii. So far I really
> like cups, but to be an alternative I think it needs more drivers than just
> the few ones in the actual package

Hi Michael!

The LJ1100-Printer doesn't support Postscript. magicfilter uses afaik gs to
convert ps-data to PCL (HP Printer Language). cups can also use gs.
Take a look at www.linuxprinting.org. There you can generate a ppd-file for
your printer using gs.

Btw: cupsd seems to grap all available cpu-power. At least on my system. Does
anyone have got the same problem?

Yours Joerg