Re: sony vaio laptops

Quoting Ben Gertzfield (che@debian.org):
> Robert> PCMCIA works on my machine, after a suspend. Sound didn't
> Robert> at first, but i suspend trough a script, and unload my Robert>
> sound drivers first (and reload them on resume). That has Robert> been
> working for ages now.
> Which model do you have? My N505VE loses all PCMCIA capabilities after an
> APM suspend -- sound enabled or not -- under kernel 2.2.x.
> o On the Sony VAIO PCG-N505VE, after a suspend, no interrupts are
> delivered by the CardBus bridge until the system is rebooted.
>
> It doesn't seem to have been fixed, as far as I can tell.
I have a N505VE. Kernel 2.2.x is utter crap on the vaio, but as i'm rather
running a development kernel anyways, i'm now using 2.4.0-test8.
Apart from that, (i am not intimate with PCMCIA internals) - i'm not using
CardBus PCMCIA cards - if i use 'normal' (read: older) cards, does the
PCMCIA controller still use the cardbus bridge, (i.e. is it used to bridge
the old system to CardBus) ?

Greets,
	Robert
--
|      rvdm@cistron.nl - Cistron Internet Services - www.cistron.nl        |
|          php3/c/perl/html/c++/sed/awk/linux/sql/cgi/security             |