Re: HPT366 install disks: do we have them?

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 11:40:09PM -0800 , Philip Brown wrote:
> [ Petr Cech writes ]
> > Why the udma66 flavour is not the default see archives of
> > debian-boot.
>
> What I'm suggesting is that since ALL the various kernel options are
> present on the one CDROM, then it would be nice to have a special boot
> module that ASKS you, before anything else,
>
> "Do you want
>   1. standard kernel
>   2. compact kernel
>   3. special hacked hpt366 kernel"

that was tried also, but some broken bioses can't grock this, so it was
abandoned. Maybe it's time now to start using it on the 1st CD and let the
2nd CD boot the standard one only.

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

<sgore> We Are Debian.  You Will Be Packaged. Media Opinion Is Irrelevant.