Re: Funny situation with Licq.

On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 02:59:56AM -0300, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
>  This is obviously a bug, in a full fs a program may crash, behave weird,
> forget edits, but *never* trash a config file. The maintainer doesn't think
> that this is a bug, nor a wishlist, the maintainer thinks that the problem
> doesn't exist and he closes the bug...
>
>  Check http://bugs.debian.org/76815 and laugh! =)

Most of us have had disagreements with maintainers about bugs, and some
of these disagreements have been dragged onto debian-devel. But it can
be handled without being insulting.

Zed Pobre responded to your bug within a few hours, and has done so
previously with my bugs. What other Debian maintainer can claim do that?
I've seen far too many bugs with no evidence after months that the
maintainer has even looked at them. With Zed I know I'm not just wasting
my time sending a bug report in.

So his technical knowledge was lacking, and it doesn't sound like he's
in a very good mood right now. I think that matches all of us at some
point in time. Why does that mean that outright mockery on debian-devel
is the best way to handle it?

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org