Re: shared library problem on 2.2

Josip Rodin writes:
> You need to install a package providing the symlink necessary for linking.
> Try apt-get install libncurses5-dev.

I've (re-)installed all of the ncurses packages (or at least I thought
I had, and the symlinks are there in /usr/lib), so the symlinks are
there. It still doesn't work, unfortunately.

Nevertheless, I'll give it a try! Thanks.

> > Any and all help is appreciated: I've never had a problem like this on
> > other Linux installations, and I'm a bit confused.
>
> That's because you had the necessary packages installed :)

One could ask why this just doesn't "work" out of the box.

    -tree

Zenkaku Language Hacker                            http://www.basistech.com