Re: Further changes to the BTS

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, Josip Rodin wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 02:55:49PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Four new bug tags:
> > A new severity:
> > Changed definitions of severities:
>
> It's documented on the web pages, too, everyone interested please point your
> browsers to http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer and let me know if there's
> anything missing.

What is the current recommended practice for "fixed" severity vis-a-vis
"fixed" tag?  The page in question reads:

	The severity levels are:

	[...]

	fixed
	   for bugs that are fixed but should not yet be closed. Bugs fixed by
	   non-maintainer-uploads have their severity set to fixed.

	[...]

	The current bug tags are:

	[...]

	fixed
	   This bug is fixed or worked around, but there's still an issue that
	   needs to be resolved. (This will eventually replace the "fixed" severity)

Is the "tag" approach currently recommended?  If so, I'd suggest a note in
the "severity" section that "fixed" is deprecated.  And the note in the
"tag" section could be more forceful.

-S