device file /dev/raw1394

I am the upstream author of libraw1394 which I have already packaged,
but by itself it is incomplete, since the /dev/raw1394 device file is
missing.

I am still running potato, but I looked at makedev source package of
woody and found no mentioning of /dev/raw1394.  For woody, this should
be fixed (I guess I should file a bug against makedev for this), but I
want to distribute binary packages for the stable distribution as well.

Any tips on how to handle that?  The obvious and crude solution is to
simply mknod /dev/raw1394 if it does not exist in postinst.  And leave
it there on deinstall?

--
 Andreas E. Bombe <andreas.bombe@munich.netsurf.de>    DSA key 0x04880A44
http://home.pages.de/~andreas.bombe/    http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/