RE: Gnome has broken sound for 2.4 kernel, but KDE is OK.

BTW, is it planned to do something like esound but at the kernel level ?
I mean that it would solve everything if linux did just like windows 98/2k :
these OS, or whatever we call these systems :), can play several sound files
at
the same time, and the applications don't have to be re-compiled for a
certain daemon..

I'm sure this is the best solution, and maybe the easiest...

Sam