ITP: c++-faq-lite (was: Re: c/c++ documentation)

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 02:03:26PM -0800, Aaron Brashears wrote:

> I have been poking around for c/c++ documentation. Most c library
> calls are covered in the man pages, but standard c++ classes don't
> seem to be represented. I was able to find stl-manual - which is
> fantastic - but I would also like to have browsable documentation for
> the ios classes such as fstream, istream, etc.
> Is there a good c++ standard library reference?

The iostream classes in particular are documented in info.  See
/usr/share/info/iostream.info.gz, shipped with libstdc++2.10-dev (or similar).
That, plus stl-manual, should answer most of your questions.  Beyond that,
I suggest the C++ FAQ-Lite, mirrored all over the place.  Here is one URL:

http://new-brunswick.net/workshop/c++/faq/

In fact, it is so useful that I think it should be packaged.  It belongs next
to stl-manual.  Consider this an ITP.

--
 - mdz