Re: Anarchism package

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 11:35:50PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> I wasn't aware of the fact that the American Constitution and the Declaration
> of Independence are packaged in Debian :-)

They're in miscfiles.

> There are people who do not see the world the same way than you do. Considering
> the whole earth population chances are that the people not sharing your
> point of view (or mine, for that matter) are the majority.

That would be the point of tolerance. 75% of the packages in Debian are of no
use to me, including the Bible packages. The Bible packages are definitely
useful to some people, so as long as those people continue to maintain the
package, it stays. The Bible packages are no more theistic propoganda than
the GNAT compiler is 'strong-typing' propoganda (strong typing GOOD,
C++ BAD . . . um, sorry about that) - they're just tools that someone uses
to do what they want to do. It's better for us to be flexible than
intolerant, because that way, we can all work together for a better Debian
rather than work against each other.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org