Re: Still suffering from compile alsa-utils

On Wed 15 Nov 2000, Penguin wrote:

> I was trying to compile alsa-util 0.5.9b
>
> I checked whether I installed ncurses. I truely believe that I installed it since I have curses.h and ncurses.h in /usr/include directory. And I checked other /lib directory.
>
> Making all in alsamixer
> make[1]: Entering directory `/root/Driver/alsa-utils-0.5.9b/alsamixer'
> gcc  -g -O2 -lasound -o alsamixer  alsamixer.o  -lasound

I'm expecting to see -lncurses at the end of this line; it's not there,
which explains why all the curses functions are undefined. Something
apparently went wrong with the configure phase? Maybe libncurses5-dev
wasn't installed yet when you did "./configure", and you didn't "make
distclean" after installing libncurses5-dev?

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/