Re: Mozilla 0.6 Nightly in Progeny Debian

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 05:45:19PM -0500, Eric Gillespie, Jr. wrote:
> I'm packaging a (relatively) stable 0.6 nightly snapshot (based
> on your M18), and i see a problem with the version numbers: dpkg
> thinks M18 is newer than 0.6 *and* 1.0. I can't see any way out
> of this other than an epoch, but i don't want to step on your
> toes.
>
> One proposed solution is to just use a version number like
> M18+20001110. While not entirely accurate, it would upgrade M18
> while not stepping on your toes Helix-style by introducing an
> epoch.
Step on them, I'm adding an epoch when I package a 0.6 (maybe nightly if I get
my box up)

Just remember to add that to the relnotes for people who wish to downgrade
or wonder why yours always seems higher

Never underestimate the ignorance of the users :)

PS: ignorance is a lack of knowlege, not an insult

--
Frank