Re: How do people expect it to work?

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 10:42:09AM -0600, David Starner wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 04:44:50PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm packaging gtk-xemacs right now. It works quite welll but now I need some
> > suggestions on how the structure should be.
> >
> > The question is. Should I try to make it work like the other xemacs package
> > and preferably reuse some of it. Or should is that not desriable?
>
> It is an emacs, so it needs to work like an emacs. IIRC, gtk-xemacs just
> has a gtk interface - under the hood, it's identical to xemacs21. What
> possible justification would there be to make it work differently from
> xemacs21?

Of course it is an emacs and will work like one :).

The question is if I should make a complete set of packages or if I should
try to reuse most of the xemacs-packages. Are people expecting that or
are people expecting it to be a new set of packages with new structure on
the package level. I mostly think of the future and I do not know if
xemacs and gtk-xemacs will turn into different ways in the future.

Should I try to reuse (which takes some more time), or should I make a new
(set of) package(s)?

And an other question. If I use debian-build code from the xemacs package
should I have the changelogs there too? Well that is a debian-maint question
but anyway. :)

// Ola

/  olalu526@student.liu.se             Björnkärrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINKÖPING         |