[OT] Upgrade madness (Was: Re: Do developers tend to run unstable?)

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 11:02:58PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
[snip]
> and pieces that my packages needed from woody. OTOH I would be using more
> stuff from woody if I had a network connection that could survive daily
> dist-upgrades...
[snip]

(Un)fortunately, I *do* have a DSL connection, and I routinely upgrade my
woody system. In fact, I upgrade it so often (since slink days, too) that
in my personal logs I've developed a system of acronyms to describe such
events:

- UGA		UpGrading Again (it's always "again", because I do it so
		often!)
- MUGA		Massive UpGrade Again -- when it involves more than 5-10
		packages, or when large packages like tetex-* or the X
		packages are upgraded.
- UGYA		UpGrading Yet Again. Emphatic form of UGA. :-)
- UGAOTSD	UpGrading Again On The Same Day. Yes, it's sad, but this
		does happen every now and then. (I'm an obsessive
		compulsive system upgrader.)
- UGYAOTSD	Emphatic form of UGAOTSD.
- MUGYAOTSD	Massive upgrade on the same day... this one hasn't really
		happened yet, because it would mean that somebody uploaded
		some huge packages multiple times a day, which isn't very
		likely. But perhaps... *hopeful look* ;-)

(Of course, the fact that these acronyms sound like the stereotypical
caveman grunts is beside my point here :-P)