Re: nessus-1.0.5-2 makes my life miserable

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 11:12:51PM +0100, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> Picked up the woody sorces the other day and built everything
> (nessus-libraries-1.0.5-1, nessus-core-1.0.5-2, nessus-plugins-1.0.5-2)
> and installed on potato.
>
> I followed the advice in /usr/share/doc/nessusd/README.Debian
> (nessus-adduser, nessusd -D, nessus) tried to log in and got stuck with
> a message box in my face, saying:
>
>   "Remote host is not using < NSP/0.3 >"
>
> Jumped to the mailing-list on the nessus site and looked for the
> message. The only thing I could find is the suggestion to check if I'm
> using an older version of nessusd. I did check, I'm not.

Actually, I've received a bug report about this (#76147), however there was
something wrong in the communication between the submitter and me, because
what I fixed might not have been related with the initial reason for opening
of the bug... :/

Anyway, I don't know why doesn't it work. Try contacting the upstream
people?

> Another thing I noticed is an empty plugins list.

The client didn't connect to the server so it couldn't fetch the list.