:         Christoph Lameter, FTS Box 466
:         Pasadena, CA 91182
:
: Christoph Lameter <clameter@debian.org>, October 6, 1996

Perhaps it's a clever idea to discourage the use of non-free,
but I think it looks very bad to have a package on Debian servers
that could profit its maintainer simply for packaging it.  It's a
contradiction in philosophy, especially coming from someone with
a high profile like Christoph Lameter.

Should Debian resources be used to make a buck for maintainers?

Do we need policy against this sort of thing?

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada