RE: ITP: Xalan-C++

>     Yves> I don't know why these guys make it so painful! I'm not
>     Yves> saying that they should use libtool, but they could make
>
> I think it is very easy to add libtool and automake support to a
> package that already has configure support. That way it should work on
> any platform too (except perhaps Windows of course).

As I said previously, libtool doesn't work well with C++ and static
initializers on Solaris + gcc. AFAIK this hasn't been fixed yet. If it is,
I'd love to know about it. If it isn't it's reason enough not to use libtool
and do it "by hand" as I did for ICU. And don't think I like it, I'm using
libtool myself but I don't need to run my stuff on Solaris.

YA