Status of KDevelop 1.2

hi Debian folks,

for those who do not know it already, I'm the guy who try to package the
KDevelop 1.2 application for Debian since the QT2 libraries are GPL.

The proble I've is the incompatibility of KDevelop 1.2 with the qt2.
IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO GET IT COMPILE WITH THE QT2 LIBRARIES !!!
Future versions of KDevelop 2.0 will be based on QT2. Also the CVS
snapshots "works" already with QT2 but they are not for productive
use. The status of the sources is more then experimental :(

The one and only solution to get KDevelop 1.2 running with potato and
the current QT2 libraries is to package KDevelop 1.2 against QT1. And
here is the second problem exist with the current KDE2 packages.
The QT1 and QT2 libraries can not coexist on the same system :( The
reason is to see in the missing support for the QT1 libraries by
Debian, so QT1 never exist officially so we have not to worry about
this...

Packaging KDevelop 1.2 against QT1 make it impossible to make this
package available from the Debian FTP server because of the license!

You will now ask me what could be done now?

+ Repackage QT1 stuff so it will not conflict with current QT2 packages
+ Package KDevelop 1.2 against this packages and make them public
  on a unficial way!
+ Support the KDevelop people to get the 2.0 working with QT2 with the
  same or better quality as 1.2 did!

Received already a interesting eMail from Erik Winn you can read as
next, so I hope to get it working for all the Debian fans here who
would like to try/use KDevelop 1.2...

--
Raphael Bossek <raphael.bossek@solutions4linux.de> [ICQ #40047651]