Multi-Head with E & XFree 4...

Not sure if this is a problem with E, imlib, or XFree 4...

I've got a problem (allegedly with imlib, according to E) when I try to
run a twin-head system.

I have an ATI Mach64GB AGP card and an ATI Mach64TV PCI card.

XFree 4 works fine when I run just the AGP card (XF86Config only has the
details for one card).
XFree 4 and will start GDM with a multi-head configuration in XF85Config
(two cards, two monitors, two screens, one Server Layout).

However, when starting E, E reports a fatal error starting imlib & dies.

I can provide copies to the two XF86Config files (both generated by
/usr/X11/bin/XFree -configure)

I had a configuration with the ATI AGP card and a CirrusLogic GD5446 PCI
card.
This worked (kinda..), however the CirrusLogic only has 2MB Ram, so
couldn't match the 1280x1024x24 resolution of the ATI card (it set the
screen to 640x480x24), and the system got a bit flaky - and hung if I
tried to load the Gimp onto the CirrusLogic screen (Xterms & Netscape
were OK)

Anyone got any thoughts?

I'm trying to get an 8MB SiS-based PCI card, and will have a go with
that (if I can...)

--
Ian Stuart - University computing services.