Re: Signing gpg key

Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <era@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 01:59:37AM +0200, Enrique Robledo Arnuncio wrote:
> >
> > gpg --secret-keyring .gnupg/secring.gpg --secret-keyring ~/.pgp/secring.pgp --keyring ~/.pgp/pubring.pgp --default-key hilliard@debian.org  --sign-key 390D6559
> >
> > That is, tell gpg about both secret keyrings. I think I had to do
> > that.
> >

> I was wrong: This would allow you to find secret keys in both keyrings
> at the same time. What you want is to find public keys in both
> keyrings:
>
> gpg  --load-extension idea --secret-keyring .gnupg/secring.gpg --secret-keyring .gnupg/secring.gpg --keyring ~/.gpg/secring.gpg --keyring ~/.pgp/pubring.pgp --default-key hilliard@debian.org  --sign-key 390D6559

     I had to modify this as follows:

gpg --load-extension idea --secret-keyring .pgp/secring.pgp  --keyring ~/.pgp/pubring.pgp --default-key hilliard@debian.org  --keyring ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg --sign-key 390D6559

     It worked with these modifications.  According to the man page,
--keyring adds a keyring to the default list, so it should be
unnecessary to ever give a gpg key with the --[secret-]keyring option,
but it seemed to be required, otherwise it tried to sign my pgp key,
and returned "gpg: 390D655: user not found".

     Thanks a lot. This has solved my problem.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard      <hilliard@debian.org>