Re: RFC: implementation of package pools

At 01:37 AM 10/20/00 +0300, Eray Ozkural wrote:
Anthony Towns wrote:
good point, let me think about the archive a bit. hmm distributed
archival system? [apt-proxy is not that] :) I could really write
one, you know I've done a lot of parallel programming so perhaps
that's what you need ;) And yep, parallel programming is not
something different from distributed programming.

Actually, I've been thinking for a while that using something like
gnutella as part of a massively-distributed archive would be neat
(though I'm not sure how practical it would be).  For that to be even
theoretically possible, though, we'd need to have package signing.

-=Eric