Re: OT: Linux/BSD package managers under (gasp!) Solaris ...

On 2000-10-19 07:33, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
>We have an install-base that needs to be run on a number of different
>machines on various sites, running anything from SunOS 4.x all the way
>to Solaris 2.7 (nee SunOS 5.7) ... it's reasonably large and at the

[snip]

>So far the only one that I can think of that fits all of these criteria
>is the Debian package management toolset, although I haven't been able
>to find out where/how to compile it for Solaris or if anyone has done so
>already ...

I am in the same situation.  I am prepared to contribute some time towards
porting dpkg/dselect to Solaris.  I don't have enough time available to do
all the work myself though.

If you are interested in doing this then please direct all follow-up mail to
the Debian Developers list as it's moving off topic for the Linux Users of
Victoria.