(withdrawn) ITP: Tomcat

Hi Stefan,

	Thanks for your email. Now that I'm aware of your email I withdraw
	my ITP.

	Which version of Tomcat are you preparing ? My ideas were towards the
	4.0 series, which are fast becoming ready to replace the 3.x series.

	If you would like any help testing/packaging/etc, let me know.

	I'll check and download your packages. Thanks for the URL.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Stefan Gybas wrote:

> Marcus Crafter wrote:
>
> >         As far as I can tell no one has yet sent an ITP for Tomcat, the
> >         reference implementation for the servlet 2.2/2.3 and jsp 1.1/1.2
> >         api's (it is also not listed on wnpp).
>
> Sorry, I have sent an ITP for this some months ago - please search the
> mailing list archives for the actual mail.
>
> The package is already availabe at http://master.debian.org/~sgybas/tomcat/.
> Please read README.Debian and the Debian-Java mailing list archive for
> reasons why it's not yet in the official Debian archive.
>
> >         If someone has already sent out an ITP then I will happily withdraw
> >         mine, but if no one has claimed an ITP within the next week, I
> >         will ask Sun / Apache for permission to package and will start to get
> >         a test package ready.
>
> You don't have to ask for permission - it's released under a BSD-style
> licence which give you the right to distribute packages.

	Thanks, yes, I know - it was more out of wanting to be courteous.

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750