All services that require a restart from libc6 upgrade...

...so when my Netscape stopped being able to find web pages (well,
actually it couldn't even find my squid) after a libc upgrade, it
wasn't actually a Netscape bug after all?

It's not only daemons that do name service lookups; user applications
do to.  I'd have thought that the solution more or less *has* to be on
the Libc side of things, to avoid breaking user sessions.

ttfn/rjk